What They Are and How To Make Them Work
Create and organization in which people’s hearts are in their work
Few would argue that people are an organization’s most valuable asset. Do you want better quality, faster response time, higher productivity, greater sensitivity to customers, improved profitability? People make these happen.
Unfortunately, many people are motivated by compliance. Their hearts are not in their work. They get by, do the minimum required, and watch the clock. The organization reaps mediocrity.
Other people are motivated by commitment. They care about the work they do, know that they are valued by their organization and can make a significant contribution to its success. The organization reaps vitality and excellence.
High Performance teams are more than a group of people working together to accomplish a common task. They share a common vision and purpose that inspires their performance. They feel accountable for their work. They solve problems and make decisions and act like full partners in the business.
When you attend this program you will learn, from foremost experts in the field, how to create a team environment that results in outstanding performance.
What You Will Do:
- Gain an understanding of how teams differ from traditional work groups.
- Create a team charter that includes a clear statement of the team’s purpose, operating guidelines, performance objectives, and an ideal team vision.
- Learn good meeting management skills, critique your meeting effectiveness and develop action plans to improve your meetings.
- Identify your team’s customer requirements and how these guide team performance.
- Analyze and streamline the core work of the team.
- Clarify team member roles and responsibilities and ensure greater accountability. Setup systems for measuring your performance, setting goals and tracking progress.